One in four people will not make it a week with their New Year’s resolution. Here are seven things not to do when creating a New Year’s resolution that will help you go the distance:
1. Don’t keep it to yourself. Let others know!
2. Don’t leave it in your head. Write down your goals!
3. Don’t be vague. How much? At what rate? By when?
4. Don’t be inflexible. Not all goals happen with the flip of a switch.
5. Don’t be unrealistic or harsh. It is not always realistic to deny yourself.
6. Don’t take on too much at once. This is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
7. Don’t put it off. There always seems to be a better time than right now. Start TODAY!
“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become your character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”