- Schedule “you” time for at least 15-30 minutes each day doing something that you enjoy.
- Just say “No”. No excuses necessary.
- Ask family members which traditions they really enjoy, then think about altering those traditions to better suit today’s busy lifestyle.
- Don’t buy into bigger is better. Whether shopping for a gift, creating a warm evening for friends or cooking or baking, think of ways to simplify.
- Schedule your other activities around your workout routines.
- Get to bed at your usual time or earlier.
- Eat properly. Don’t use the holidays and stress as a reason to over eat.
- Although some people believe alcohol decreases your stress, it is only a temporary solution.
- Cut down your gift giving list. If you have way too many people to buy gifts for this year, try having a family, friend or work gift draw.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Eliminate Holiday Stress
Practice these holiday stress reducers so you don’t just survive the season, but enjoy this special time of the year.