When a Shoe Thing is No Longer a Good Thing - When to Say Goodbye to Those Extra Pairs
A shoe thing is more than just having a reasonable amount of shoes to wear, it’s about collecting them and not letting any of them go. It’s a good time to retire a pair of shoes when:
1. They are scuffed up and worn so they lack support and tread and cannot be repaired.
2. Your toes can’t move in them and the last time you wore them left you in pain and having to rush for a chair.
3. You are waiting to stretch the shoe before you can actually leave your home in it.
4. You really can’t walk in them properly no matter how hard you try.
5. You are waiting for the style to come back.
6. You are regularly hiding your shoe purchases from your partner.
7. The odour your shoe gives off arrives in the room before you do.
8. You are holding onto certain footwear for sentimental reasons.
9. You have dozens of shoes for every activity known to man. The problem is you don’t do half of those activities.