What do you do with that extra room in the house? The one that has no real purpose except to collect things? What to do with a spare room:
1. Dump the junk- Don’t waste that spare room with an accumulation of junk.
2. Guestroom– Create a spa-like retreat for your guests.
3. Craft or hobby room– You finally have a place to do your scrapbooking, sewing, or painting!
4. Gifting- Have a room just for gift giving. Keep ribbons, gift bags, tags, and wrapping paper in the room along with any items you have purchased ahead of time for gifts.
5. Exercise room- This does not mean you have to have all the big equipment that you find at a gym, but if the area is designated as a workout space, you are more likely to do your yoga, palates, and strength training.
6. Home office- Instead of letting paper pile up on your coffee table or kitchen counter, set up an area to pay bills and answer mail.
7. Mediation room– Oh, to have some peace and quiet…create it! Don’t allow anything in this area that doesn’t bring you peace and tranquility.
8. Room to spare, room to share– create that media room, music, pool, puzzle, card or board game room and invite friends over for a night of fun and hospitality.
9. Renovators rescue- Use the empty room as the spare room to hold addition furniture, etc. when you are renovating.
Take the next steps today to give that spare room some real purpose and turn it into a room that will give you a feeling of satisfaction and relaxation.